Inspired to cook a zucchini soup

By Unknown - March 19, 2014



We’ve had two wonderful weeks lately: a big bright sun, a cloudless sky and very soft temperatures with almost no wind. It felt like spring even though the calendar states we still have to wait a couple more days to officially in spring.

But in my kitchen, there are no seasons, almost. I have to admit that I like to cook local products and that means that somehow I respect the seasons. What I mean is that I cook according to the weather. And since we have a very spring-like weather, I wanted to cook a dish that was green, green as the grass growing in gardens, green as the new vegetables that we will soon be enjoying, green as the nature all around me is blooming.

I will stop the poetry here and simply share with you my zucchini soup recipe. It’s a classic in France, I think. Most women and especially mothers have heard of it here and they use it to make their kids eat soup. Because we put in some Laughing Cow cheese. Yes yes yes, some cheese! It gives the soup a creamy and soft taste and chase the bitter taste zucchinis can sometime have. Just try it, you won’t be disappointed.



I like serving mine with some homemade croutons and a drizzle of olive oil. It enhances the flavors.

Zucchini soup – serves 4:

-        3 large zucchinis
-        5 portions of Laughing Cow cheese
-        Basil to taste
-        2 table spoons olive oil
-        Salt and pepper to taste

Peel and cut the zucchinis in large pieces. Cook them in some salted boiling water until they are tender (a knife can be easily put in and out the vegetables). Keep the cooking water and set the zucchinis in a blender or a food processor.

Mix the zucchinis with the basil, salt and pepper. Add a bit of the cooking water and the cheese. Keep adding some of the water until you get the consistency you wish.


Serve hot with homemade croutons and a drizzle of olive oil.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments