Summer camp and a chocolate-sesame healthy crème

By Unknown - August 12, 2014



As the average female student, I spent some time in a camp. Since I am a Christian, I went to a christian summer camp at an organisation called Mission Timothée. We usually like to call it “La Mission”. Any time I go there, I am always a bit anxious. Will I see my friends again? Will I make new ones? Will I be able to overcome my shyness to talk to other people? Being in a church is great indeed, but if you are as shy as I am and don’t speak much to other people, then going to camp is a challenge.

I always feel like people have known each other for years and I am the only one not being able to have long time relationships. I have come to La Mission since I was 10. I have made friends but was never able to keep the contact with them. This is not 100% true though. I have made a couple of friends whom I am really attached to. I hadn’t seen them for a while and just when I arrived at La Mission, I figured that they were there too!  I was truly happy and spent one of the best weeks of my life. God really makes miracles and He blessed me a lot during this camp. Not only did He do it through my friends or whatever nice moments I spent there, but also through His Word and His action in my heart.




After this wonderful week, I had to come back home. I was sad, disappointed but had no choice. As we came back, I thought about something with chocolate in because, you know, they say chocolate is good when you’re sad and so on. So I baked a chocolate and sesame crème. I made it healthy though, using only 64% dark chocolate, adding very few sugar and replacing a bit of the milk by some homemade sesame milk. It’s really easy to do, cheaper than if you buy it and really healthy.

Don’t forget to add some grilled sesame seeds to your crème, it makes it a bit crunchy and adds a surprising taste ;-).




Recipe – serves 8 

·       100 g dark chocolate (I recommend using a chocolate with at least 60% cacao)
·       6 egg yolks
·       1 cup sesame milk
·       1,25 cup low fat milk
·       Sesame seeds (grilled)
·       Sugar to taste (I used 1 TbS)
·       3 TbS corn starch

Prepare your sesame milk: Soak ½ a cup sesame seeds for 1 hour or more. Drain your seeds and place them in a blender. Add 1,5 cup water and blend for 2 to 3 minutes. Poor the milk in a nut milk bag or use cheesecloth to filter it.

Melt the chocolate in the microwave with half of the sesame milk.

Separate the egg yolks from the white. You can keep the whites for another recipe or throw them away if you don’t think you will use them. You can also freeze them if you want to save them for later.

Heat the milk and the sesame milk together. In a separate bowl, whip the egg yolks with the sugar and the corn starch. Poor the egg yolks in the heated milk. Stir over medium heat until the mixing becomes a bit thicker. Add the melted chocolate and keep stirring for a couple minutes. Add as many sesame seeds as you like to. Poor the crème in a mixing bowl or in an air tight container and let it cool. Keep it in the fridge for 2 to three days.



 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments